Garden jobs in April
Lots to do in the garden. Mulching, pruning roses and of course weeding.
The ‘Dandelion Digger’ of world-famous Dutch firm Sneeboer (hand forged, of indestructible steel) pops out your dandelions and other uninvited guests easily. As long as stocks last!
Inox dandelion digger from Sneeboer € 23,50
- Weed borders (prevent weeds from seeding)
- Mulching (to suppress germinating weeds)
- Mowing (but not too short)
- Forcing summer bulbs such as dahlias: plant the tubers in pots, give water and place them in a light and frost-free place. Mid-May, when frost danger has passed, plant them in your garden.
- Prune roses and fertilize with organic fertilizer
- Prune shrubs after flowering. These include ribes, forsythia, chaenomeles, kerria and winter jasmin.
- Woody herbs such as sage, rosemary and thyme can be cut back.